Anyone interested in Plein Air painting?
Plein air painting is about leaving the four walls of your studio and create your art outdoors. The practice was embrace by the French Impressionists. Their desire to paint light and its changes throughout the day, coupled with the creation of transportable paint tubes and the box easel allowed artists the freedom to paint “en plein air,” which is the French expression for “in the open air.”
If you are interested in joining a small group of members who want to explore this experience, drop an email note to Karen Brungardt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watercolor Batiks October 21, 9-3
- Watercolor Sunflowers October 22, 9-3
- Beginning Drawing starting October 26th
Artist of the Month
Be sure to check out the highlighted artist/guild members each month. October was Gail Kolenda and November will be Renee Pearson. Artist of the Month.
Member Brag Page
Did you know that the Saddlebrooke Fine Arts Guild has a “Brag Page“? Well we certainly do, and we love to highlight our member artists. If you have won an award, had an exciting sale, been juried into a show, or even hit 1000 likes on Instagram, let us know. Anything that has been an advance in your art practice deserves a Brag.
AND…if you have a modest fellow member maybe you can brag for them. We want to fill this Brag Page with excitement.
Local Art News
- Celebration of Watercolors Show. This Saturday October 16th our own watercolor members will be displaying their art at Mountain View Ballroom from 10-3. Be sure to stop in and support your friends.
- Saddlebrooke Ranch ARTwalk October 23 & 24, 11-4 each day. Check it out and support our neighbors
- Chihuly in the Desert Tickets went on sale this week for the exhibition of the iconic glasswork of Dale Chihuly displayed at the Desert Botanical Garden. The show runs from December 3-June 19.
- Saddlebrooke Arts and Crafts Fair November 6, 9am-4pm This year will be held in the Artist’s garages again.